Front Disc Brakes

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by VELCRO, Jun 23, 2013.

1. VELCRO

VELCRO Member

Ldo

Your description was so fantastic I don't need any pics, however, someone else might like to see some pics.
    Please post them when you get them.
    Gerald in Florida

2. Dillon Hill

Dillon Hill Member

I'm also looking into front discs on my 59. I called Buffalo and he is sending info to me also. What a great guy, loves to talk trucks and seems to be a bevy if info. He doesn't think that I'll be able to run the stock 15" wheels though. That could be the deal breaker for me. I love the stock wheels and hub caps. Any one got around this?

3. steve

steve Member

Ready For the Install

I located my CPP front disc brake components, had them for over a year. I did notice that a portioning valve looks to be installed under the housing. You can see it in the first picture where the green and red tube fittings are located. You can see the steel disc brackets and what looks like 1/4 inch spacers. So my 16 inch tires should work?

The second picture are the calipers and rotors, both are C-10 Chevy components. The last picture is the bag of roller bearings, hoses and bolts.

Please look pass the bed bolts and the mess. :D

Right now I don't really understand where the line connection are attached to the master cylinder? So any input is helpful.

I think while I am at it, I will just relocate the emergency break cable and handle in the center by the gear shifter.

Attached Files:

4. steve

steve Member

5. steve

steve Member

Question

If this is a power brake setup, and located under the floor, I guess I have to run a vacuum supply from the manifold to under floor booster?

:confused:

Attached Files:

6. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Yes, it needs a vacuum supply.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Brake Vacuum

...From the 3/4" NPT plug right under the carby ~ full unrestricted intake manifold vacuum .