New to Forum

Discussion in 'Classic Parts of America Talk' started by Ratnest, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Ratnest

Ratnest Member

Hi Folks, I'm new to the forum but have messed with old cars/trucks and street rods for years. My first street rod was a 37 Ford Deluxe coupe and the next one was a 49 Studebaker pickup. Both turned out great mainly because of lots of help from friends with more talent. I drove both those rigs for several years before selling them.

Recently, I purchased a 66 Chevy C10 shortbed with the big back window. It was a dismantled basket case that had set for 10 years. Everything was kept indoors except the cab and chassis.

I had the cab blasted recently with glass beads and quite a bit of rust showed up. I'm in the process of welding in new sills, inner sills, front floor panels, kick panels and a cab corner.

I put front suspension and posi trac rear end from an 89 Suburban in it. The chassis will set for a while now while I tackle the cab issues. It will end up as a mild-mannered Resto-rod with 350/350, and after market guages and wiring.

I plan to be an active member and the forum and will be asking for advice ever once in a while. I'll gladly share my limited knowledge too. Ratnest (Jim).

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Welcome Jim!

66 shortbed... stepside or fleetside? We just love pictures, especially in-process build thread pictures. So if ya got some digital photo's post 'em up ;)

Looking forward to web wrenching with ya!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. Ratnest

Ratnest Member

Thanks....It's a shortbed fleetside...I'll get a buddy of mine to show me how to post some pictures...I've been taking a bunch for a scrapbook.