1952 GMC 1/2 ton Seat

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coonkka, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

The 88-98 Chevy truck bench seats have a thinner back than older trucks and they have the fold down armrest you mentioned.

Check the width though. I am unsure if they are too wide.

Hope that helps.

My truck had a 1990 Chevy Bench in it that had been recovered when I bought it. I still have the seat, but it's no longer in my truck:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  2. coonkka

coonkka Member

I still hv the can and I purchased this paint at the local auto paint store I'll get it for you.

3. coonkka

coonkka Member

Thanks for the info I'll be looking at all the local junk yards real soon. Got the ole girl moved to my garage so that we could finish the front clip, doors, and hood. We just dont have room for everything in my Dads garage. I finished all the body work last night block sanded it and found a few more placed I wanted fixed and did that. Now I am ready for paint. Hope its not to cold for this weekend.

4. coonkka

coonkka Member

few more Pics

Well I finally got a few more pictures.:D

Attached Files:

5. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Looks really nice, Karen. That's a good color combination too. :)

6. coonkka

coonkka Member

More paintn

OMG she is looking so GOOD. Got some more painting done this weekend sharing a few more pics. First one is before in primer and then the finished GEM...Getting so excited to get it back together. :D

Attached Files:

7. Zig

Zig Member

Karen, that looks ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Are you going chrome grille? What about the wheels?
    Thanks for the photo update!!! Your truck has come a l-o-n-g way!

8. Zig

Zig Member

So I'll ask~

Karen, I'm just curious as to the rectangular holes you cut in the doors~ Speakers?

(Post #44)

9. coonkka

coonkka Member

I really want to chrome the grill but money is not going to allow that right now so I'll be painting it same color as inside for now. Who knows maybe next year I can have it chromed. I bought some older alum mag wheels for it and also thats just for now also hope one of these days to get some really cool ones or I may go back to the orginal ones as I still hv those. The holes in the doors were put there to get doors apart because I was going to cover doors with new panel that size. And I also thought speakers. Still no seat been sitting on milk crate. The weather is turning cold and I'm working on the wiring now and hope to hv that part done this week. Thanks for all the kind words.

10. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

chrome

you can buy a repop chrome grill they look good but save your old grill use for garage art till you re chrome it
    Robert

11. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Oh Yeah!

OMG girl! Another sow's ear turned into a silk purse!:D I love the idea of painting the grille the same color as the interior. That will be a brilliant contrast.

Food for thought. The original wheels would look awesome painted to match the grille and interior as it would give a contrast to the body and highlight the grille. Top it off with original GMC dog bowl hubcaps and maybe some beauty rims. Just my 2 cents. Remember, it's your ride and you're paying the bills!

Ken:cool:

12. coonkka

coonkka Member

Thanks Ken,,, I thought the same thing about the ole wheels and hubcaps but didnt think about the beauty rims so thats great food for thought. Yeah thought running boards, grill, mirror arms and bumpers all same color as inside. I do like all the suggestions it sometimes lets me know which way to lean on an idea. Thanks Guys

13. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

I ordered SS Trim rings for mine at Amazon.... I thought pretty reasonable at $68.00.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002T5P2C/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

14. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Here is the low cost solution I came up with on my '57. Wheels are mid 70's Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton 4x4 rally wheels that were on my truck when I bought it in 1990. The bolt on "hub cap" came with the wheel and has a "4x4" logo on it. I bought the set of spinners at a local swap meet. Paid $20 for the set of 4. Same swap meet gave $25 for the trim rings. No reason you couldn't put all this same hardware on any 6 lug Chevy pickup wheel by drilling and taping 3 holes each wheel.

[​IMG]

15. coonkka

coonkka Member

Ideas

Keep the ideas coming Guys.. Here it is cold outside again and I'm thinking its prob gonna be Spring sometime before I can DRIVE the ole girl. Makes me sad to say that but no heat in the garage and it gets down right cold in there. So on the warm days look out I'll be workin away.

16. Zig

Zig Member

I'm right there with you, Karen! You can spend time looking at it, anyway! You have something to be proud of, that's for sure!

17. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Thought I'd follow up with a pic of my tires/wheels. The hubcaps were $15 ea. at swap meet. They're off a late model GMC :D

Attached Files:

18. Alive@65

Alive@65 Member

I also need a seat for my '47, and did some research a while back. Originals are hard (but not impossible) to find--the best bet might be to take a drive in the country and hope to find a parts truck. Otherwise, I heard that standard school bus seats work well--or at least work. I'm guessing they're not terribly comfortable, but maybe with the bus seat frame and better foam and upholstery they would be suitable (or seatable). Let me know so I can do likewise on my rig.

19. Zig

Zig Member

Mr. Cheap's way~

I think I'll just run these the way they are~ :D

Actually, I'm thinking of panting the wheels red with the outside lip painted white and the next flat surface painted yellow. Get some cool (in my opinion) center caps (those chrome pointy kind) with some similar lug nuts and I'll be good to go.

All kinds of options. OF COURSE, the more money you have, the more your options increase.

Attached Files:

20. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

You're making great progress!!! Love the updates and photos. Totally jealous that you're so far ahead of me on your project, but hopefully it'll light a fire under me to get back to work.

Thanks for sharing.

Damon