Mustang II stock spindles and 2" drop spindles

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Ricos54, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

I installed a mustang II on my 54 with stock spindles and coil springs and shocks and I'm waiting to finish my firewall before I buy the 4.8 LS and 4l60E tranny. So my truck is sitting up pretty high. So I'm just wondering if anyone has any pictures of there truck all put together with stock spindles and coil springs so I have an idea how low my truck will sit with the coil setup to see if I should have ordered it with the drop spindles. Seeing how my truck is sitting now I have a feeling I made a wrong choice by getting the stock spindles since I wanted a little of my tire to be in the wheel well. Oh well, This always happens to me always have to buy twice. :rolleyes:
    Rico

2. penniwinkle

penniwinkle Member

Mustang II spindles

I remember my last experience with Mustang II spindles. I did not use them on my truck but on a 34 Chevy Coupe. The stock spindles and stock springs put the car too high. I went to dropped spindles and was still too high. I figured out it was the springs. I suppose I could have cut a ring or two from the springs to get it lower but chose to go with the adjustable coil-overs. Was expensive but worked really well.

If you are looking for a set of dropped spindles for Mustang II, I have a set that's just taking garage space. Since you may put them on a Chevy Truck, will sell for much less than you can get anywhere. I did mount them on the car but never ran them.

Roger

3. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Rico,
    You may want to get the engine and tranny mocked in place before you finish the firewall. When I fit mine (as low and as far back as I could get it without offsetting the firewall), the hem where firewall meets toeboard needed to be trimmed back quite a bit. I also biased the engine to the passenger side a bit to allow a straight shot from steering column to steering box. Good luck!

4. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

Thanks, I did put a 283 with a 700r4 inside just to see what it looked like. Since
    I decided to go with the LS motor we'll just have to wait and see. I'm still saving my money to get one so I figured I might as well start working on the firewall. I will put it in as low and far back as possible without messing with the firewall. I still need to buy my master cylinder to make sure the engine clears that too?:rolleyes:

Rico

5. penniwinkle

penniwinkle Member

Mustang II spindles

Rico, here is a picture of the spindles and shocks. If you want further detail on the spindles (closer, different angle, etc) let me know.

Roger

Attached Files:

6. penniwinkle

penniwinkle Member

Mustang II spindles

Rico, here are a couple more pics...tried to match the position in your picture.

Hope these help.

Roger

Attached Files: