What did your build cost?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by RidesWithYah, Oct 24, 2013.

1. 1951chevy1ton

1951chevy1ton Member

I have a drawer full of receipts but refuse to add them up as anyone knowing what the total was will cause the better half to demand I spend at least an equal amount in the house ,Huge household fights, screaming and gnashing of teeth and possible D-I-V-O-R-C-E and that would cost more money and do neither of us any good! All I know is that the project kept me "Off the Streets" and "Out of the bars" many a winter night and the results are quite satisfying! Jerry

2. skalywag

skalywag Member

As for the overall cost, I have a rough idea, but as others have stated, realize that it is irrelevant. It kept me in the garage away from sitting in front of stupid TV shows. I look back at those times as golden and now find myself wondering about my next Truck or project.

3. steve

steve Member

Let's $ee

Well, working in the garage busting knuckles, fixing this and fixing that, a drive on the street turning heads, "priceless"

Lets just say I found a cab, and had it delivered for twice the amount I paid for the cab. need I say more. :D

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Just A Guess But ,

I'll take it you meant you paid more for the new cab than you did for the whole truck ? :p .

There's no shame in that ~ I built my '46 3100 out of two battered old junkers and years of swap meet & junkyard diving .

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Lets hope none of our significant others read this page......

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

The CO$T

Hah ;

I'm lucky thata way : SWMBO not onl rides anywhere in my old truck , she doesn't care one whit about me buying anything for it no matter what .

We're I rich , it'd be a $40,000 restoration so I could be driving a " new " truck , co$t be damned ~ either you love your old truck or you don't .

Mine is rusty junk but I love it to death and will always strive to find the $ to keep it in good nick .

7. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

I spent $22K total. The body work and paint was $13K.