Buildup of the '50

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ol' chebby, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

2. BIG CHEVY 3600

BIG CHEVY 3600 Member

Ol" Chebby
    I didn't see how you routed your exhaust out the back. Did the pipes go over the axles?

3. Texas53

Texas53 Member

Wow, beautiful truck. Really well done. Interesting way to fill in the radio hole in the dash. Is that a piece that you fabricated or something that you found? What engine is that?

4. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Pipes are 2 1/2 inch, over the axles. They exit just under the bumper. The dash filler was actually a thin piece of sheetmetal that the owner had done in the past. Since we covered the dash, we just decided to leave it and the art deco style strips under the material hide very well. That is a tree fitty engine. Dart iron eagle heads, roller rockers, big cam, Edelbrock 600 carb. Runs QUITE strong.

5. Dadboughtit

Dadboughtit Member

Awesome job. How did you install the toe and floor panel? Did you need to cut away the old and weld or did the new panel just set over the existing? Also, where did you find it?

6. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Ordered the panels from Truck shop in California. They were the one piece toe/floor panels. Lay them out and mark off approximately where to cut. leave extra metal to fine tune the cut. set the panel in place, make adjustments, clamp and weld them in. See my post for the 53 I am building, there are some more pic.s of the same thing in there.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

From Junk To Jewel

Wow , that's a really nice job you did there .