06-08 TrailBlazer

Discussion in 'Blazers/Jimmys/Suburbans' started by 48long3804, Apr 24, 2009.

1. 48long3804

48long3804 Member

Hey ya'all. My family doesn't fit in our 03 Cavalier anymore.:eek: Living in the country on a gravel road makes 4x4 a virtual necessity. Plan on getting a newish Blazer sometime in the next year or so. Am definitely looking for a V8, NOT the I6. SS is not out of the question, but more than what I need.

Any opinions or warnings on these newbies? I trust you guys' opinions more than other yocals on hokie websites and magazine reviews.

I know we're all "into" the older stuff here, but am in need of something new.

Any comments or opinions are greatly appreciated.:)

2. 48long3804

48long3804 Member

"Hello (echo hello) is there anybody in there?"

+8000 Chevy members in this forum and nobody has anything to say? Would I be better off buying a Toyota 4runner?!?:eek:

Anyone??

Throw me a bone guys....please? I'd be happy with a simple "yes" or "no".

3. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Howdy 48long . I,ll Problly get shot down in Flames for this But Oh Well. IMHO . the Newer gm products Suck & Disgustinglly overpriced . We live in the boonies & I have several 91 & older chevy trucks I,m happy with . But do to the wife having to drive an hour each way to work . I Needed Something Dependable & cheap to Maintain.

So I bought Her an 03 dodge durango 2wheel drive But It,ll go through anything . Main Reason I got it Was I got a Great Buy , 4 grand under blue book & it only had 40K on it . Hadit allmost 2 years & NO problems other then Normal service & new tires . Dont Know I might have just got Lucky . But had 3 Newer GM trucks 03 to 06 , & Had Nothing but constant problems :eek: . Most being Transmision Problems & That aint cheap . Just My 2 bits . Best of luck. Bob

4. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Member

My parents bought a new Trailblazer (I6, 2wd LS) in '04. It has been pretty dependable for 5 years now. Biggest concern has been a whirring sound from the transmission at higher rpms; checked out twice under warranty, they said it was fine.

5. 48long3804

48long3804 Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input. My brother had a Durango for a short time, traded it off for a half ton Ram. I don't know where our parents went wrong with him getting into Dodge's!:mad: He didn't like the rough ride and had some other issues with it as well.

I bleed Chevy orange (and some rust, too) so I'm going to stick with the brand that I love, or a GMC Envoy. Heck, even the countertops in my kitchen are chevy orange!:cool: I grew up in my dads '76 Cheyenne 3/4ton-that's probably why I'll never give it up....what a beautiful machine!

I'm still open to more feedback if anyone else has a testimonial to share!