1949 GMC Vs 1950 GMC

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by apples, Apr 12, 2012.

1. apples

apples Member

I just purchased a 1949 GMC 100 panel truck. The title says 1949, but I found an old W. Virginia inspection or registration in the glove box that says 1950. How can I tell the difference of 49 to 50 on my truck?

Attached Files:

2. 1 Hotrod

1 Hotrod Member

3. Zig

Zig Member

I-am-loving-it!!!!

Another GMC!!! :D:cool::p

Nice panel! Looks to have a couple of windows in the sides, out back?
    When you get a chance, we'd love to see more pictures! Engine, interior, you know~

I'm starting to feel sorry for these Chevy guys~ All these MANLY GMC truck seem to be taking over... :eek:

4. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

I would guess the title to be correct, and the sticker to be from a subsequent registration.

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

apples, if, and I emphasize IF, GMC's are like Chevys, the easiest way to tell the difference between a 49 and 50 is the type of shock absorber it has. If it is a friction shock, it is a 49, if it has modern tube-type shocks, it is a 50.

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Shock Absorbers

?! ' friction shocks ' ?! holy cow Ken , this ain't no dern Brand 'F' ya know !! .

This is a GENEROUS MOTORS CORPORATION product so yes , the 51's & older did have goofy inefficient
    " Knee Action " shocks left over from some Buck Rodgers show but friction shocks ?!? jeeze.......

:p

7. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Holy Crap! Did I really say that?

My bad!:eek: Of course I meant single action lever shocks, or knee action! Shoot me if I make any references about something being Ram Tough!:D

Ken

8. apples

apples Member

Ok," It's a Boy":eek:. OH! I mean a 49'er..

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

'S O.K. Ken

As we're not sure you actually have a truck anyway... :rolleyes: .

10. apples

apples Member

Ken

What the H do you mean Ken "not sure you actually have a truck". I don't give a Rat's A if you think I have one or not.

11. 3/4 gmc 1952

3/4 gmc 1952 Member

Apples that was not directed at you. There has been a bit of a thing between some of the fellows on here about Ken maybe not having what he says he has.

That is one FINE looking GMC! If you post a couple of pictures of that nice LONG motor you might give Nate the thrill of the week.

Hey everybody else. The snow has finally melted up here in the northcountry. I should be posting up some pics of my long motor running very soon!

12. Zig

Zig Member

We will hold you to that!
    The way they are talking on the Weather Channel, I hope by tomorrow I still have everything where I left it~

13. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Hey apples, they are kicking my butt, not yours! A simple case of maroon truck envy. They hate when i do this: "Hey, look at my truck"

50_chevy_pu_232.jpg

Picture_0123.jpg

Picture%20011.jpg

Oops, I did it again!

Ken:D

14. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Apples :

A couple things here ;

1. if you don't care , why join a forum ? :confused: .

2. if you don't have any sense of humour , you're not going to last long here as we tease mercilessly .

3. you need to spend more time reading the posts before flying off the handle and being rude .

4. I care ! I'm an old geezer who loves old cars , trucks and motos , I don't own any modern vehicles , relax and let the good people here help you out ~ they've helped me more than I can ever repay .

O.K. ? it's all good , as the young 'uns say :) .