1971 Chevy 3/4 ton

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by 71CHEVY, Feb 27, 2009.

1. 71CHEVY

71CHEVY Member

Hello i am new to the forum, my Stepdad owns a 1971 chevy 1/2 long bed 2wd. I am looking into purchasing my own truck, The one i found is a 71 long bed 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 3 inch lift, new floor boards, rocker panels, and cab corners. There is some rust on the rear wheel wells and some in the corner of the doors. They are asking 5000 is this a too steep? I was thinking about maybe 4300-4500, also how much would it cost to replace the bed sides, and door corners? Also the truck is white, would it be bad to paint it red or should i stick with the factory color, if i were to get it?

Thanks, Dylan

2. INGRAM1943

INGRAM1943 Member

3/4 ton

Without knowing the overall condition of the truck you're looking at, it's hard to estimate it's true value (ie; engine,trans,rearend, tires, gauges, interior,heater etc.). One sure thing, if there is visible rust...there may be more you can't see elsewhere on the truck, so look it over really good. Are sure you want a 3/4 4x4? you're usually talking more expense to restore and maintain due to the additional drive train and heavier suspension. I'd suggest you go onto e-bay and enter Chevrolet, C-10 pickups. There usually 65 to 90 trucks, in all conditions, and maybe you can make a comparison to the one you're looking at. Good luck...you've picked a great classic vehicle series to drive.