1980 Silverado wiring diagram

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by Gen.Martok, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Gen.Martok

Gen.Martok Member

I need the wiring schematic for the AC system on my 1980 silverado

The books do not have what i need ,they use a block diagram that useless

to me.

The truck doesnt have one so im putting one in from another chevy.I need the schematic to find the main taps.:D

2. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Member

Classic Parts sells wiring diagrams for $5-10 for complete trucks by year, although looking through the one I bought for my truck, I don't see anything for a/c or cruise control. I do wish they were color coded as the lines crisscross the pages and it can get a little hard to trace them, but for the price they aren't too bad.

Looking on my '85 and my brother's '73 (hacked up harness), it looks like the a/c (fan) draws power from a red wire attached to the junction block on the firewall. Pretty sure the controls on my '85 have another wire under the dash that connects to the main wire harness/fuse block, connector is the same for both a/c and non-a/c trucks. The fan should have a ground that goes to the firewall and I think the compressor grounds to the engine. Those are the only four connections I can remember from when I converted my truck to a/c, but mine is a later model.