1ton fenders

Discussion in 'Blazers/Jimmys/Suburbans' started by Reinovator, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Reinovator

Reinovator Member

Still looking for a set of fiber glass 1 ton fenders for a 73 and up pickup I saw a set on a suburban once and since my 80 one ton utility 4x4 is dead 200Kmiles Plus why not convert the suburban it will make a nice towing rig this way my one ton axels are good new steering box new rear end factory helpers springs should all bolt on
    just need to figure out the rear doors:eek:

2. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

Believe dually all had them from factory 73-80 some suburban did get them but it was to cut down on weight because they were heavy trucks.
    I have a set that needs work, but shippingthose big parts that far packing them in crate to try to keep them in the same shape cost more then the parts by losts. Some thing closer to you would be better.

3. Reinovator

Reinovator Member

Fenders

thank you for the reply. I may try cutting down A pair of step side fenders. still not sure which way to go. The sub with one ton fenders I saw was about 20 years ago It must Have been a Canada import I've only seen the one and it was two wheel drive I'm curious if any one has seen a 4X4 (6x4?)wheel drive version