235 oil lines & pressure gage

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by racketyboom57, Jul 23, 2007.

1. racketyboom57

racketyboom57 Member

I am trying to figure out where the oil lines on my 235 hook up to the external filter, and where the oil pressure gage sending unit hooks in. The engine has only two ports on that side, and I'm thinking one of the two ports needs a "T" in it to accept the pressure gage. Can someone tell me me which port on the engine, (front or back) feeds the filter and is the inlet to the filter (Fram) the side or bottom port. And then where does the gage hook in? Thanks in advance,
    Tom Kirkland

2. Chiro

Chiro Member

Hi Tom,

The fitting on the side of the cannister goes to the oil gallery towards the back of the block where it goes in to a T-fitting. The oil pressure gauge line also attaches to this T-fitting. The fitting on the bottom of the cannister goes to the oil gallery towards the front of the block. I believe you can also get some pics in the shop manual or the factory assembly manual, but am not sure b/c I haven't had a need to find those particular pics. There is a recent thread started by KentC. Go to "search" and type in "oil filter" and choose "show threads". Scroll down until you find the thread started by KentC and you will be rewarded with pics posted by sloromon as he re-did the lines for his cannister. Hope this helps.

Andy

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

New Experts here !

O.K. , I see I am no longer needed , that's a good thing ! :p

I'll be out in the back yard under my truck if you need me :D

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Now that's a funny one!

Just trying to lighten your load big guy!;)

6. Chiro

Chiro Member

Oh my Gawd, no!!!

Nate,

Far be it from us mere mortals to take over the mantel of the grand poohbah:D. You know we all have the greatest respect for you and your knowledge and expertise. More importantly, your willingness to share the same with us in countless ways and countless times cannot ever be repaid and I for one owe you the greatest debt for all of it. Quick...somebody stop me now before I begin to gush!!!:D

Andy

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  7. Zig

Zig Member

Don't even THINK about it, Nate!

Okay~ You made me put up the box of Chocolate Cherry Nut Truffle I was eating and get a glass of warm red wine!
    How DARE you suggest that you aren't needed around here! Even if I was to shoot off my mouth about how to do something, you don't think I'd feel a huge sigh of relief just to read your post saying I was nutz?:D

No, no, Nate~ I'm just getting started! (really) Don't even THINK of leaving this site! After all, in a few years, my daughter will need your advice!

...by the way, there's another glass of this stuff back in the open box of oil cans... help yourself... top shelf...:cool:

8. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Hey Zig, What is the h%&* are you talking about? Just kiddin', man. Whatever floats your boat.

I couldn't do without Nate's wisdom. His bedside manner reminds me of Dr. Greg House on TV. That's OK, I like that show too!

Gater

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Calm Down !

I'd didn't say I was leaving , I just said you all are learning and don't need me holding your hands anymore... ;)

Go Grasshopper , experiance the world of busted knuckles and black widow spiders underneath that 1/2 buried abandoned truck , be not afraid of the swarm of angry yellowjackets buzzing out of the defroster vent as soon as you hit the road in august morning with a large tanker of coffee in your hand :D

I'l be here , ya didn't think I'd walk away from my freinds didja ? :rolleyes:

10. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Biggest knot I ever had on my head!

Occurred back in the '70's when I was collecting parts for my '48 coupe and opened the hood of this old donor car and got "up close and personal" with a black widow.:eek: I rared back and busted my noggin on the hood latch! Always looked real carefully after that!

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

It's All Part of The Job

Here in the desert I encounter scorpions , black widows by the thousands , those wierd jumping spiders whose bit causes skin to die and slough off , rodent burrows with Hanta v*rus... rattle snakes in the shade ,

The Southern boys have it rough ~ Copper head Snakes and other baddies .