235 points replacement

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by mikebte, Jan 5, 2011.

1. mikebte

mikebte Member

ok, Points are good. I like them. But for some of use we want more spark. So here you are. Points eliminator from PreTronix. I installed mine in less then 1 hour. No more points. No more resistors. And a hot Flame Thrower Coil.

Here is the part numbers, I ordered mine from summit racing and I got my Flame thrower coil there as well. Is real nice never adjust points. Comes with a 30 month warranty as well.

PerTronix 1168 - PerTronix Ignitor® Solid-State Ignition Systems

PerTronix 40611 - PerTronix Flame-Thrower Ignition Coils

Comes with instructions and it will have you remove you resistor to the stock coil. Easy to do. Any questions just ask. Have fun.

There may be a post on this but I could not find it. So im just putting it out there for the poor guys like me. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. Josephfromnc

Josephfromnc Member

v-6 points replacement

For all the v6 fans out there the pertronix replacement unit is 1162a for ignitor I and 91162a for ingnitor II, I had a 1162a for almost twenty years before it had to be replaced, gives a indication when it skips timing and runs hot all the time or it just won't start at all.