261: searchin for one for my '53

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by lazys53, Jan 24, 2006.

1. lazys53

lazys53 Member

live in Sparks,NV, but my heart is in Cali.( I wil
    Hey fellas, its been awhile, but my hunt continues, for a 261 with the full oilling system.Got a '53 with the 216, if anyone who has a 261 wants to trade, I'm willing to part with it for a 261.My 216 still a very good runner, oil changed religiously(?), when he was running.I put him down, if I kept driving him, I would never take those steps toward the "upgrade." Gotta get some more horses out my truck without the whole "chop & weld,hot-rod thing."So, just to save some time, I really want this engine,does NOT have to be running,I want to re-build it anyways,I live in Sparks,NV.I will drive to it, but not tooo far.So,fellas in N.Y. I'm not going THAT far.Maybe if someone has some info. on how to identify a 261 by the year, I could go, "junkyard diving."This summer is the year!!Got to at LEAST have it in my hands and get it re-built.I kills me to see him just sitting there. Yeah, I keep his fuilds flowing,start 'em up every now & then.Hoping one of my "ole truck drivin' bro's" come through.Later fellas, and take ours around the block for a down soldier. lazy