350 engine

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by bjs70c10, Jan 12, 2005.

1. bjs70c10

bjs70c10 Member

Hey fellas. I have a 70 c/10 with a recently rebuilt 350. Put a new carb on it, but I got it fouled up and had it rebuilt by a professional mechanic. It ran great for a while after that, but now when you really get on it, it falls flat on it's face at higher rpm's. It also stumbles when it is pulling on an uphill in high gear, even if the secondaries aren't necessarily opened up. If I let off the gas for a while, then get on it again it does fine for a few seconds, then it starts missing again. I appreciate any help guys; I need to get this old girl running again.

Thanks again and God Bless,
    Brian

2. eugene68

eugene68 Member

sounds to me like you are running too lean on the jetting, or your floats are set too low which means you are basically running out of gas in your fuel bowels.. that would explain why you can let off, then hit it again and it runs great for a few seconds till the fuel runs out. if your jets are too lean that extra shot of fuel when you stomp it might be shooting enough gas in there to make it run good.
    if you are stumbling going up hills I would take a look at my float level..
    you didn't mention what kind of carb you are using.. different carbs have different querks....

good luck
    eugene68