350 install

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Matt_50, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Matt_50

Matt_50 Member

Hello guys, I plan to install a 350/th350 combo this Sunday, weather permitting, in my 1950 3100. I'm trying to get all the stuff I need ahead of Sunday and do any little things in next couple of days.

I've used the search and could read for forever. I'm looking for a few specific things. This'll be my first install where I didn't pull and engine and just put same thing in. So my first time putting in the crossmembers and setting angles and levels and distances from firewall and so on. So I want to make sure I do it right.

I've been told I either need to make or build an engine crossmember. So I bought a tubular style one for engine. I plan to put a trans mount pad on on old trans crossmember and just move it where it needs to go. I'm not using the factory steering.

Anyone have or know of a good thread with good details and pics? I know I will learn a lot during install but I'm just trying to prepare and make it go smoothly.

Attached Files:

2. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

What front suspension is that ?it just bolted it
    As you build please post lots of pics
    Thanks Robert

3. Matt_50

Matt_50 Member

My donor truck is an 84 c10. Front suspension, rear axle, engine/trans, brake booster, wiring. And possibly tilt steering column.

Yea ifs bolts in same as on c10, just need half inch spacer on each side. C10 is wider that the AD though. I don't remember the front off hand but the rear is inch wider per side. If you use modern style wheels with no offset, they will stick out a tad. I plan to go for a factory look. I've seen guys who have gotten the smaller width wheels and tires and the wheels fit in great. Ive also just seen offsets that looked good too.

4. Matt_50

Matt_50 Member

Anyone know off hand what size bolts I need to buy to attach to hoist? I'm using a leveler also