383 rotating assemblies ?

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by PH84a64C10, Mar 18, 2007.

1. PH84a64C10

PH84a64C10 Member

I was just wondering which route to go. I have a block thats already bored 30 over. Basicly I want a street truck with some balls. I have no intentions on racing, but I want to go as far as possible and still be able to use gas from the gas station as oposed to racing fuel. I'm not the most experienced engine builder, so any advice on whick way to go would be awesome.
    thanks for all the help everyone.

2. Nefarious79

Nefarious79 Member

Any engine can be a street engine, its all about timing. You can have a 1000hp twin turbo engine in your car or truck and as long as the timing is on the conservative side you can run 87 octane in it during the week and then put some 93-100 octane in for the weekend and advance the timing and have some fun.

3. drabo

drabo Member

A 383 is a torque monster and is alot of fun. If you go this route you will need to have your block machined to clear the new crank. I think it is also externally balanced so it might need a new balancer and flexplate/flywheel.

4. rsibley

rsibley Member

You can buy an internally balanced kit from Summit.Depending on the cam you want to run,you may need to clearance some of your rod bolts.

5. rollin40

rollin40 Member

sbc

or use a 327 crank and rods.