49 1/2 ton on 76 chevelle frame

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by glfritz, Aug 15, 2005.

1. glfritz

glfritz Member

Hey Im new to this forum i was wondering if a guy can put a 49 1/2 ton on a 76 chevelle i guess it is a malibu classic 2 door frame. has anybody on here done this if so what chevy car is the closet to width and wheelbase. mine looks close.

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Enjoy your hot rod project , you might find more help on the Chevy Talk page as there's lots of hot rodders over there .

_Please_ remember to save all the old cruddy stock chassis bits as us stock guys want and need them.. ! .

-Nate

3. cyremusic

cyremusic Member

hello, do you know where i can find right front fender for my
    76 chevelle malibu classic ( el camino) same:(
    jerry

4. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

I don't know if it will fit or not. Really all you need to do is check width (mid tire to mid tire) then check your wheel base (should be 118 inches to get the rear wheel center of the fender well). If all matches then it should fit. You may have to fabricate body mounts but that's no bid deal. I used a 88 S-10 ext cab short bed for mine. My truck wheel base is 122 inches so I've got to make up the difference in the bed. Good thing I don't have a bed and I'm fabricating my own. If you use a single cab long bed then it should be dead on. The width on the S-10 is more narrow, but that's good if you want to put big wheels on it like I am. You could always subframe the front end with mustang II or Nova. Both will work great and you can always put a camaro rear end in it. The camaro is disc brakes and open driveline and a very healthy rear end. I hope this helps.

5. henry51

henry51 Member

A friend of mine has a 52 3100 on a malibu frame. The front track looks fine but the wheel base is to short so the rear wheels are to far forward. It drives good though.