54 235 rebuilder search.

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Rosst54, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Rosst54

Rosst54 Member

I am located in North East Arkansas. I'm looking for someone trustworthy and knowledgeable to rebuild my old stuck 54 235 motor. Head needs rebuilt also couple valves stuck open. She's been sitting a long time so will probably need rebored or honed if the block and head ar salvageable. Haven't pulled the pand yet so not sure what's the condition of everything else is. Someone close would be a plus.

vwnate1 likes this.
  2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

WELCOME NEWBIE !

You'll find the collective wisdom here fantastic .

Your '54 came with a one year only 235 so you'll first need to ascertain if it's the original or a more common replacement .

In either case DO NOT blindly exchange your current engine .

Jasper out of Colorado does the very best rebuilds, not cheap but one and done .

If you're handy with tools and want to resurrect it from it's long nap we can walk you through this too .

? Dies the engine spin now or is it stuck ? .

Post up some pictures of it as is .

3. Rosst54

Rosst54 Member

It does not spin. I have the head off few valves stuck open have it soaking in diesel to see if it helps. May end up dropping the pan and see if I can pick the pistons out from the bottom.

vwnate1 likes this.
  4. Rosst54

Rosst54 Member

I have looked at Jasper but reviews very on quality of rebuild. Does anyone on here have any experience with them?

vwnate1 likes this.
  5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Okay, it's well and truly stuck, that's different .

Let that Diesel fuel soak a week or two then try to rotate it, if it moves a little bit STOP before it jambs up tight ! rock it back and forth against any bind and keep the pistons wet with the Diesel fuel .