54 Grill

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by Teacher54, May 4, 2004.

1. Teacher54

Teacher54 Member

Hi room. Looking for a nice chrome grill for 54 1/2 ton..IF none, a link to a place that has them would be nice..I know that they don't make repoductions except for nose. Thanks for any help .

2. Rainman

Rainman Guest

Try Patrick's Antique Auto in Arizona (Google Search). They sometimes have used and or used-reconditioned 54/55 first series grills. Also a good source of period reproduction 6 cylinder performance and engine rebuild parts as well as some bolt in transmission adapter and shift likage kits and ring and pinion parts that make driving much more pleasant.

My '54 3100 is done up as a 60s style "resto mod" with modified 235, GM Saginaw 4-speed, Chevelle rear end, dropped axle, Corvette Rallye wheels, etc. I've enjoyed it for the past 13 years and baby boomers love the built six and the sound through Fenton headers and dual exhausts.

Good luck on finding a grill and drive it a lot.

Ira

3. Teacher54

Teacher54 Member

Hey, Thanks for the reply, Will check them out. I found a place, but they want $1,250 for theirs or $850 and I send them my old one. Little steep for this working guy. Your truck sounds nice, hopefully in 2 years mine will be road ready.

4. 4JSAToo

4JSAToo Member

You might ask this source.. mothertruckeraz@aol.com He deals in these year trucks. Also Patricks web site.. www.patricksantiquecars.com
    Bob

5. Teacher54

Teacher54 Member

Thanks for the information. I sent e-mails to both. Hopefully I can find a nice one that doesn't require selling one of my children./

6. WinCon

WinCon Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-11-04 AT 08:36 AM (CST)]Have you tried Bowtie Bits? They are at www.bowtiebits.com
    You might be able to find one of the vendors that will deliver to a swap meet close to you, saving a bunch on shipping. Bowtie Bits in Wichita, KS and Classic Chevrolet Parts in OKC both deliver to swapmeets.

7. Teacher54

Teacher54 Member

Thanks, I quess that is the only place I can find one, (swapmeets). Just so happens there are not many within 4-5 hour driving time from rural bootheel of Missouri. I guess the biggest thing that ever came from Kennett is Sheryl Crow..Maybe I can get her to sing a song about my 54. :)..or bring a grill..