'54 Suburban

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Rooney20, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member

I just bought it and have no idea where to start. I want to install a Mustang II on the front and keep leaf springs in the back. It has a small block and a 350 tranny. What are my options as far as the plywood floor in the back? Is there a replacement panel for it? Where can I find out what the original tail light set up was? (I don't think mine is original.) I'll take any advice I can get.

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Welcome Rooney!

Welcome to the nut house. All new guys must submit pictures! The more the merrier! Here's is a link to a very good website that chronicles Tim's '54 Suburban. www.1954advance-design.com

I cyber-lifted one of his pictures that shows what type of tail light he's got on his sub.

Tim's 54 Sub.jpg

Looking forward to hearing more about your truck!

Ken

3. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I HIGHLY reccommend the Fatman M2 setup. It goes in easily, is well designed and they have GREAT tech. and customer service. I have installed 2 and they went in without a snag. If you want to slam it, go with the airbags, tell him you want superlow and dropped spindles, like mine. If you want lowered and non adjustable, go with the coilovers.

4. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member

new pics

I posted a few pics of the suburban.