55-59 Chevy truck shift lever upper pivot

Discussion in 'Truck Parts Wanted' started by Humbug1943, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Humbug1943

Humbug1943 Member

I am lookig for one of these or some place where I could get mine repaired. One of the tabs that is screwed into the steering column is broken off and missing. When I got the truck it was held to the steering column by one screw and a hose clamp. It works but does not look to good. Classic industries shows one in thier catalog for a 47-55 but when I asked about it they siad that one was not available. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Humbug

2. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Have You got a pic of Yours ? I no longer have any 55/59 trucks to look at but lots of parts , I cant remember for sure what it looks like. Bob

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  3. Humbug1943

Humbug1943 Member

Cowboy357
    Just started using this forum and don't know how to send or post pictures yet. If you give me your email I can send pics. If you don't want to put your email up here you can send it to me at djwells1@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks
    Humbug

4. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

I just sent You an email, :D . Bob

5. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Woops Sorry I just got an email back & it said its undeliverable . So Heres Mine & what I wrote You . Bob

Hi . No Problem just email Me a pic or two here , & I,ll see what I have . As far as The Forum posting pics, Real simple, When You make a thread scroll down torwards the botton Where it says Manage attachments. It,ll will upload them from where you have them saved on Your puter . Just make sure You have them resized for forum friendlly I think its 600kb x 800kb . If You need help just holler. Thanks , Bob

kgraggster@gmail.com

6. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Youve got Mail Humbug1943 . Thanks, Bob

7. Humbug1943

Humbug1943 Member

Thanks Cowboy357

Parts came in the mail and the pivot was just what I needed. Thanks Much... The spring you sent was broke on one side so it wouldn't work but thanks for trying. I can get that part new from Classic Industries so I should be ok... Thanks Again
    Humbug:):D

8. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

You bet Humbug , Thankyou . Glad it worked out for you, Sorry about the spring though . If You need anything else just holler, I might have it. :D . Bob