65 Engine swap ?.....

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Mayberry, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Mayberry

Mayberry Member

Planning on replacing my 292 with a 350. Also replacing the old tranny with a T350. Should this be a fairly simple swap? How about the motor mounts? Will they line up? Thanks in advance.:)

2. Biggy

Biggy Member

Look all Im sayin is this that 292 you got is a very powerful engine. You dont need a 350 if you want power. Just switch the tranny and you will have a very competitive engine with a big tranny. But if you decide to change it well thats ok.:7

3. Craig

Craig Guest

You will have to find a set of frame brackets for a V8.They are fairy common in salvage yards.

4. Wires_2K

Wires_2K Member

Mayberry, here is my situation, and I think that Craig might have answered my problems. I recently removed the Chevy 305 V8 out of my 1964 Truck. I didn't think that the frame mounts were any different from the Inline 6. After I got the correct brackets I needed for my 230 engine, It still did not align correctly. Maybe I need to change my frame engine mounts. Are they different than a V8 mount? If so, then I'll trade 'ya!
    If you'd like, I can e-mail you some pictures of the frame mounts that are on my frame now, the same ones that were used with the Chevy 305.:7

5. dekoon

dekoon Member

for what it is worth guys, 230 ci and 292 ci engines use different mounts on the right side and neither is the same as the V8.
    Don

6. Wires_2K

Wires_2K Member

Thanks for that info Don. I finally got it all worked out in the long run anyways. :7