67 C 10 Glovebox and Gas Pedal

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by 67 C10Stepside, May 15, 2005.

1. 67 C10Stepside

67 C10Stepside Member

When I removed the old rotted cardboard glovebox I pretty much just ripped it out without checking to see how it sat in place. I bought the replacement box from chevyduty, but am having difficulty getting it fitted. Can anyone tell me if it sits inside or outside of the metal dash surround? Do the screws go through the box and then into the dash or vice versa? I had difficulty getting it in place and do not want to damage the new box.
    I bought a new gas pedal for my truck, which sits on ball studs. Does it just sit on the studs, or does it snap in place somehow? I'm guessing it just sits against the throttle linkage at the top. It just doesn't seem to want to stay in place.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

2. chevy_man_3

chevy_man_3 Member

Hi, the top and sides of the box sit behind the metal, and the bottom is sandwiched between the door hinge and the metal frame. In otherwords the top and side screws go through the metal and into the box, and the bottom screws go through the hinge and box and screw to the framework. Your other question is the pedal snaps onto the ball studs.

Vince