78-80 Brushed Aluminum Inserts Fit 77?

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by FutureProjector, Sep 6, 2010.

1. FutureProjector

FutureProjector Member

I want to put in brushed aluminum inserts for my instrument bezel but I cannot find them for a 77. I have seen them for 78-80 models but all I can find for my 77 is the original woodgrain inserts....will the 78-80 fit my 77? What is the difference because I'm really tired of the woodgrain and want the interior to be black and brushed aluminium....if it does not fit do you know of a place that makes brushed aluminum insets for my 77?

2. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

Yes 77-80 work for that part. There hard to come by.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Dash Bezels

Yes , highly interchangable , plenty to be found cheap from junked Suburbans as no one wants to pay the fuel bills anymore .

Be aware that the headlight switch switch moved position when they moved the dash wiper switch to the steering column ! this means some WON'T FIT :eek:

Also , later models have a window with " CHECK ENGINE " lights in it in the dead center top , this can be ignored but you may not like looking at it .

BE CAREFUL when mounting these bezels ! the upper left corner seems to like to snap off during the final tightening sequence .

I was looking at some of these brushed aluminum bezels down @ Pick-A-Part last Sunday , decided to keep the original plain black (no wood :( ) one I luckily found at yet a different P-A-P yard .