A/C Block Plate

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Chris9450, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Chris9450

Chris9450 Member

Hello to everyone, it's been quite a while for me. Spent a few months trying to sell my truck (stupid stupid stupid), then wised up. Bought a new house, moved it to my garage and have been slowly repairing welding in new floorboards and patching where the cab needs it.

Now for my question, and I apologize in advance if this has been covered, I searched for a few days and have yet to find anything. I'm not sure, however, if I'm even using the correct search terms as I have no idea what it's called. Anyway, I do not plan on using the heater or air conditioning, meaning no heater core lines running in through the firewall and no a/c stuff coming in. After looking through random photographs in our member gallery, I came across this photo from 65resto's gallery. I am NOT, by any means attempting to discredit him or plagiarize his picture, but since I found these on his picture, I figured it would be easier to show it here:

[​IMG]

Enlarged Picture Here

Now those two black plates circled in the picture, they appear to block off plates for where the A/C and heater stuff would have gone through the firewall. Can anyone tell me what the official name is for those, if they are a custom part, if something I can order from somewhere? I'm a little ways off to worry about them, but I figured I'd ask ahead of time. Thanks in advance.

2. bigtimjamestown

bigtimjamestown Member

Those are the block of plates that are used with the economy heater. Check with Brian on this site out of Minnesota, he has a lot of parts and can help you....Big Tim :cool:

3. Chris9450

Chris9450 Member

doh, they are stock plates? I feel dumb now.

4. dcsi5919

dcsi5919 Member

Heater delete plates were factory-correct pieces for in-cab heaters and trucks without heaters. In any case, I have several sets, if you are still searching. Thanks for the opportunity and good luck with your project.