A Visit from The Speed Fairy!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by 58Apache250, Oct 15, 2009.

1. 58Apache250

58Apache250 Member

It's been a VERY busy day for me today! Had 3 calls within 15 minutes, people wanting to get rid of junk trucks, all on opposite ends of the County. Took me all day, but I've Scored some VERY useable trucks; 1.) A solid Numbers Matching '75 GMC 2500 Crew-Cab (Drove it onto the Trailer), 2.) a '78 Custom 20 long bed, and 3.) a '73 Custom 10 that only needs Front end Work to be roadworthy. Total Money spent: $175.00 Including feeding My '58 to haul them.

While I was tending to the business of the day, My Neighbor came by and explained to my wife that his Father-in Law was selling off his shop equipment, and had 4 machines left that nobody wanted. He knew they were for machining metal parts, but wasn't sure what they were. He said He'd take $400 for the lot, and that he had them in his garage.

Immediately after walking through the door of his shop, I handed him his asking price, and had him help me move my new toys to my shop.

Here's what I Got:

1 Sioux Model 624 Valve Face Grinder, with new Cuttng Stones,

2 Sioux Valve Seat Grinders, With new Arbors, Stones, and six Neway Seat cutters From 0 Degrees to 60 Degrees

And last but not least, a Bridgeport 5 1/2' Mill, with most of the necessary tooling.

I'd say someone upstairs likes me!!!:D

2. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Congrats , I,d say You hada Perty good day. Bob

3. 58Apache250

58Apache250 Member

Speed Fairy Chapter 2.............

The GMC runs, and drives 350 4V, Still has heat shields and steel riser tube for thermactor, A/C has been retro-fitted to R134a And Blows 19 Degrees F. @ 59 Degrees Ambient Temp - That's better than some of these Blue Oval Shoe pads I Work on!:rolleyes: OOps! Frame Is Tweaked- Some Bozo Carried too much in the bed, Will Be Parting out soon.....

The '78 Chev has parts missing, and looks to have encountered a culvert tile, but it has good glass, and a fairly decent nose. the odd thing about it is the factory dome light delete.... Not even a place to put one!

The '73: 2 holes the size of a man's heel under the pedals, other than that she's good and solid. Nose is beat, A/C Whooped, door Channels worn out.
    In the Glove Box receipt from Local dealer Dated Oct 2006 for 1 ZZ4 Crate Engine, Receipt from Advance Auto Parts for an Edelbrock Torker Intake (On The Engine), and a Holley Street Avenger Carb (Obviously, on the Intake). This Engine Will Go VERY Nicely in the '58, And I think I've got enough pieces for a nice '73 That Mama can Drive!:cool: