AD Speedo Quality

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Root2812, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Root2812

Root2812 Member

Hello,

I am in the need of a new speedo and I am leaning toward the Classic Parts speedo internals and use the original housing for my 1950. I am wondering if any of you have bought this and can vouch for its quality. Its only $109 vs the $150 for LMC. Also I will need to reface my guages to match so have any of you used the reface kit with a new gauge and how well did it match.

Thanks
    Greg

2. Zig

Zig Member

Sorry I missed this~

BTW, WELCOME!

I used the reface kit for the manly GMC. They worked great! They were from our host as well. I bought the cheaper speedo cable, and now I need to buy another. This time I'll go with the all metal one. Had the cheap one fall against the exhaust close to the block, and it was ruined post-haste. :(

Anyway~ That was w-a-y more information than new members get WITHOUT posting pictures of their ride. Pictures please?

3. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I have used 2 complete repro speedos, and have not had any problems at all. In fact, one of them is in my truck.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Gauges

I have a few nasty looking but good working gauge pods , I sold off my spare speedos & decals already .

I may even have the 12 volt gauge pod from a 1964 Dubble - Dutti Van , very hard to find these days .

I held onto these for spare gauges needing new faces etc. but they're for sale now if anyone has the patience to clean & re face them .

5. Root2812

Root2812 Member

If you insist :D

She's a bit rough still but in overall good shape for having been outside in Minnesota for 61 years. Its all original except the wheels on it right now and the temporary seats.
    The 216 still runs too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I have, however had MANY problems with aftermarket replacement single guages, especially temp and oil pressure guages, but not the complete package.

7. Zig

Zig Member

Looks like how a lot of these start out. Lots of lovin' and away you go! Thanks for posting the pictures. This site is the place to be to get help on any aspect of your project!