Altman latches

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Blueflame236, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

I read on Trique`s website that they offer the Altman latches in two different kits. I am a bit unshore about what i should order as one kit the AEL07S Altman Easy Latch for 1947-51 Chevy Truck is ment to be used with exterior handles and the other one kit is AEL07SN Altman Easy Latch for use with shaved handle Applications.

My truck is a 1950 model and have the door Lock , and the regulair cab door handles( inside/outside) at the right side with the sharp handle shape pointing towards the front of the truck .The left side has the same handle in the same postion but no Lock.

My question is what kit should i order the shaved ones or the exterior type ?

http://www.triquemfg.com/Altman-Easy-Latch-for-47-51-Chevy-Truck-p/ael07.htm

Martinius.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. My51

My51 Member

Because your handles are original and have a square shaft, it doesn't matter which way they are pointing. The altman latches are made for the original key as well. If you are going to keep the original latches go with the one made for the original handles. I installed the set on my truck with the key on the right door and they were easy to install. You can check my post on my truck. There are some pictures I posted. Look at post 25.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  3. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Pictures Altman Latches!

Hey there

I looked at the Pictures on Your thread but they only show the inside door instal. What parts kit number latches did you ordered fore your truck as it probebly have the same door handles as mine ? The exteror model AEL07S or the shaved ones AEL07SN ?

Thanks Martinius

4. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

Aren't 'shaved' door handles exterior handles removed and the hole filled in?

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

If you want to keep your exterior door handles, order the aelo7s. Pm me, I can get you the best price.

6. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Pm is send Russ.

Thanks fore the install photos and text. I have send you a pm.

Martinius.