Anybody got an extra layin round.....

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by triley, Feb 17, 2009.

1. triley

triley Member

I need the metal trim that goes around the early(47-50) side window. Its held on by two screws one on each end. Mine is rusted out on one of the corners. Anybody got one of these? see pic of description.....
    ________
    VOLCANO VAPORIZERS

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

The _inside_ surround , right ? .

3. triley

triley Member

the metal frame that runs around the glass thats held in with the two door glass frame screws on the lower side on each end...The whole assembly glass and all is $139.95 @lmc and i dont think classicparts has it....but i just need the part that goes up the back of the window and across and down the front....the bottom channel etc is good but the window frame is rusted and bent all the he!! thanxs
    ________
    Body science

4. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Man, I feel your pain. That's one of the items that, unfortunately, the Chinese don't mass produce. LMC is about the only one I know of that sells repops of them, but they are very spendy! Have you checked E-Pay? You might try contacting Jimbo59. He's a good guy and might have what you're looking for. His stuff is genuine, but sometimes is not much better than what you've already got!

5. 58fleetside

58fleetside Member

If they are the same from an '58, I have a couple. They are not in the best shape, but they are available.

6. 48long3804

48long3804 Member

Dynacorn

Anyone ever heard of Dynacorn? I just found them recently, but have no experience with them. :confused:
    Here's their website: dynacorn
    You will have to connect to a dealership to buy anything, but I think you'll find what you're looking for on page 33 of their catalog-after you download it.

Or, if you need the passenger side you can have mine...when I get around to buying a new one...which may not be for quite some time.:( My window is all cracked up and I will have to replace it...some day...:rolleyes:

7. triley

triley Member

a 58 is different......I think ive located a one ton truck im going to look at today...maybe its got some on it...if not i may hollar back at ya....I think both sides are the same being as they only hold the glass on to the bottom piece.. the one i have is crumpled and rotted as you can see in the pic...
    ________
    Free Ticketmaster Gift Cards

Attached Files:

8. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

9. triley

triley Member

i pm'd 48LONG maybe he's got a good one...i tried contacting american classic..they had sold them...Also i tried to straighten mine and it still loooks like i dropped it in a blender...not to mention the rust holes.....
    ________
    LovelyWendie

10. triley

triley Member

Got it...found one local...appreciate the suggestions though.....
    ________
    Black booty