anyone know of a Steele Rubber promotion code?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by gypsy truck, Mar 26, 2011.

1. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

Ok, I, like many others before me, have finally accepted the fact that the quality of the window rubber our host and many others sell - at least for the back and corner windows - is just not acceptable.

I know steele rubber is more expensive but I have only heard the best feedback about it. It is going to be about $100 before shipping for just these 3 pieces, so I was wondering if anyone had ever seen a promo code from them? Every little bit helps and I would certainly appreciate it. Even if you think the code has expired, it still might work. I figure I will be placing an order in the next few weeks or so. Thanks!

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Steele Rubber Co

If you get one , please share it with me as I need a new grommet for my Metropolitan Nash FHC......

TIA ,

3. coilover

coilover Member

It has been my experience that Steele has the high quality upper end market wrapped up and just doesn't need any promos. Their product is the best but pricey. I'd have to check my paper work but I think the rubber stone guards that fit on the lower front of the rear fenders for a 40 Pontiac were in the $600 range. That would buy just about all the rubber for an AD. There is one other company that their product is actually made in the U.S. and that is Molded Products in Minneapolis. They used to sell weather stripping and the various rubber gaskets by the foot but may make them custom fit now.

4. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

yup

Yes Nate. That is the idea to share so we can all benefit. If i get a code, i can simply test it let everyone know if it works or not. Stay tuned...

5. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

Evan - i was thinking the same thing that they probably don't need to offer promos - but it was an option during the checkout, so i thought i'd ask before i finalized.

I have searched for the Molded Products in Minn. and found 14. Any of these names/addr. ring a clearer bell before i start making phone calls? Most are in Minn. unless noted otherwise. Thanks!

1. Promed Molded Products, 15600 Medina Rd,
    2. Industrial Molded Rubber Products, 15600 Medina Rd,
    3. Lundell Manufacturing, 2700 Ranchview Ln N,
    4. EnviroBate, 3301 E 26th St,
    5. Minneapolis Molds & Engraving, 6100 Olson Memorial Hwy
    6. Robinson Rubber Products Co Inc, 4600 Quebec Ave N,
    7. Rubber Specialties, Inc, 8117 Pleasant Ave S,
    8. Minnesota Rubber, 5957 W 37th St,
    9. Cutting Edge Creations Inc, 920 Apollo Rd Ste 100, Saint Paul, MN
    10. Precision Gasket Co, 5625 W 78th St,
    11. Commerical Gaskets of Minneapolis, 2817 42nd Ave S,
    12. Ameritek International, 2955 Lone Oak Cir, Saint Paul, MN
    13. Power Dynamics Sealing Division, 1971 Seneca Rd Ste J, Saint Paul, MN
    14. Gopher Gasket Company, 76 21st St, Newport, MN

6. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

I think I know which one Evan is talking about. Try looking up www.metrommp.com. Good Luck

Jim

7. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

Thanks Jim - i could not find on their site what i am looking for, but i did email them asking if their universal LP100 item# is what i need. If so, then they are about $22 less than Steele Rubber. Hhhmmm - may just be better off going with Steele Rubber....

8. aggiejon

aggiejon Member

I am a bargain shopper and will hunt for a deal when I can. However, I've done enough stuff on the cheap to know the difference in inexpensive, and just plain junk. Sometimes, you do get what you pay for.

Don't think me a snob, but for my dress work shirts, I only buy Ralph Lauren shirts (on clearance!). Why, because they do not fade, pill, or look like crap after a few months of laundering. I have 4 that I bought in college and have worn regularly and they still look good (for reference, that was 12 years ago!).

I'll spend some more money if I know it is going to look right, last, be right, or work when I need it to. This restoration isn't something that I want to half a$$, and since I'll be keeping the truck and not trying to make a fast turnaround on it, it will be done as top notch as I can make it.

but thats just me. Plus they are made right here in the USA!

9. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

Bit the bullet

Well, i finally just bit the bullet and bought the best stuff ever - Steele Rubber. I had the local glass place take out what was put in from our host as it did not look good at all on the one corner window that was already done. They got it all put in fairly quickly and so far, i am very happy with it. There is only one corner on the inside of the corner windows that has a slight pinch raised up, but the installer just said to keep pressing on it when warm weather comes and it will work it's way down.

There is a bit more exposed metal right above the back center window than what i like. I have not yet determined if that is from the way the glass was cut (he used the old one as a pattern), or that is just the way this particular cab was made. I will post pics in a couple of days.

The rest of the rubber - and i had to buy all new of course - was from our host and it all seems to be fine so far of what i have seen.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  10. tewSlow

tewSlow Member

i hated putting in the rear glass. it was such a pain. the windshield went in like butter but the rear glass fought me the whole way.

11. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

5-15% off through 9-1-11

I just got an email from Steele Rubber announcing their Dog Days of Summer sale through 9-1-11. Not exactly sure what the discount off is as it is not really clear, but if you have been waiting to buy something from them, check out their website and see if it is worth it or not. I think you have to call in your order to get the discount by mentioning "dog days sale".

12. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

get 10% off through 2-29-2012 with discount code

I just got an email from Steele Rubber announcing a 10% off sale through 2-29-12 when you use the code "VALENTINE" at checkout. It says online orders only, retail only, cannot be combined with other offers, and does not apply towards shipping charges.

If you have been waiting to buy something from them, check out their website www.steelerubber.com. i highly recommend their products (when on sale).

13. 1 Hotrod

1 Hotrod Member

Thanks gypsy truck, worked for me.

14. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

So only the windshield and the rear glass molding would be recommended from SteeleRubber and the rest of from the host?

15. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Sandy, go to their website and check out what they offer. Anything rubber is better from them IMO! Costs a little more, but man, is that stuff good!

16. Zig

Zig Member

If you can't afford the high dollar stuff...

I used our host's rubber for the back and new-view windows. I'm sure no matter whose rubber you use, it's a bit of a PITA.
    I was very satisfied with how it turned out. I'm not really sure how another manufacture's rubber could be better. :confused:

17. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

No !

You're not paying attention ! Steele Rubber Co. for EVERYTHING ! ALL the gaskets & grommets sold by the Host here , SUCK and will rot out in less than one calendar year , no matter what you do .

18. Zig

Zig Member

NO! 4 years later, and they look like I just put them in!

Sorry, Nate, but they went in as easy as (I guess) any other rubber would, and they still look just as good as the day I put them in. (4 years after the fact.) I'll keep this as my little secret from this day forward, however. :eek: