Arm Rests 47 fleetline wont fit my 50/3100

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ronaldg, Oct 27, 2013.

1. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

I bought 2 arm rests today at a swap meet and discovered that they wont fit they came out of a 47 fleetline the 2 holes that mount them to the door are probably about a half inch off. anybody know which arm rests will fit I just dont like the aftermarket ones as i have been told they break real easy any feed back please, and thanks in advance.

2. RustyDog

RustyDog Member

Have you talked to a local upholstery shop? Most of them can make arm rests even without anything to start with.

3. ccharr

ccharr Member

Robert,

Can you if it is not to far off, drill a hole and tack weld a nut where the new hole is?

4. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

I was up there selling at a swap meet in Phoenix yesterday & talked to a guy that was carrying around a pair of car arm rests in a baggie & he was hoping to get them to work on his truck..... was that you Ron ?

The arm rests from the 1949-1952 Mopar cars are made of steel & look a lot like the original truck arm rests & the mounting holes line up.

There is a pair here.... I would double check the mounting hole measurement before buying though as some of the rests from the 2 door cars are a little bigger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1949-1950-D...Parts_Accessories&hash=item23316fdcfa&vxp=mtr

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  5. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Aftermarked Arm rests

Hey Ron

I had one in my truck broken just after pulling the door back from the inside without using any force . The arm rest support backside is all hard plastic and breaks easely .

How are the original onces made , are they reinforced with a steel plate and mounting holes ? I am to intrested to know wich of the older types arm rests fits these trucks so keep us updated if you find a good solution !

Thanks on beforehand Martinius.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  6. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

swap meet

Ya Joe that was me I had no Idea that was you any way nice meeting you those arm rests where about a half inch off hole to hole i wrote to the guy on ebay to have him measure for me hole to hole waiting for his reply thanks for the help.

7. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Modify the arm rests

charles not a bad Idea i will take them apart and see what i can do if i screw them up its 15.00 dollars i lost not bad at all.