Auxilary Fuel Tank for '80 Step-Side

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by stepside, Jul 4, 2001.

1. stepside

stepside Member

I need some guidance. I have the right side tank, mounting brackets, the valve, and the switch. My question is what should I do about the fuel lines from the tank to the switch valve and from the valve to the fuel pump. Are there "OEM" lines available?
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Allan

2. Craig

Craig Guest

We have OEM lines available for the dual tanks.Their is two lines available.Part# 23-868 3/8 crossover and #23-869 1/4 return line.Those are for a 2wd drive the 4wd have different part numbers.
    Craig Hager
    tech1@chevyduty.com

3. stepside

stepside Member

Thanks for your reply...just oredered some parts from you guys. I need the fuel lines for the 4x4! Also need the bezel for the fuel gauge selector switch...have the GM switch! Can you supply the part numbers, so that I may order them from you.....or send me an email direct at: carmanis@msn.com
    Thanks agaim for your help!
    Allan Bishop
    stepside

4. Craig

Craig Guest

The part# for the bezel is 23-276 $4.95.The lines are part#23-876 3/8 crossmember $28.95 and the 1/4 return line is 23-877 $17.95
    Craig Hager
    tech1@chevyduty.com

5. stepside

stepside Member

Craig; Thanks for the info and I'll order them soon! Also; what about the fuel line from the solenoid to the fuel pump? Do you have the "OEM" line for that as well?
    Thanks;
    Allan
    "stepside"
    PS: The reason I'm waiting to place the order is that it has been 12 days since I ordered some other parts and have yet to receive them or an email from you guys. The order #343759....any help from you would be appreciated! And thanks again for your assistance!

6. Craig

Craig Guest

I checked on your order and it should be leaving today.I apoligize for the inconvenience.I am not sure what happened.They may have waited for the gas tank door bumpers to come in.
    Craig Hager
    tech1@chevyduty.com

7. stepside

stepside Member

Crig;
    Thanks so much for checking on my order. I do appreciate your efforts, and look forward to receiving my order in the next couple of days.
    Also...do you have the "OEM" fuel line that runs from the selector valve to the fuel pump? I hope so; cause I think that will complete the parts necessary to do the fuel tank installation. Thanks again.
    Allan
    stepside

8. Craig

Craig Guest

It looks as if they don't make the valve to pump line yet.You will have to make one up for it.
    Craig Hager
    tech1@chevyduty.com