Beauty rings

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by Trucknut, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Trucknut

Trucknut Member

Does anyone know where to find beauty rings for Chevy 16.5 wheels. The truck is a 1978 Cheyenne FWD.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Melman

Melman Member

Try EBAY do a search for beauty rings. I bought a nice set with Chevy Bow Tie embossed in them.
    Mine were 15 inch though, but they may be on there!

Melman

3. Trucknut

Trucknut Member

Thanks for your reply. I went to Ebay and there are beauty rings available, but they are 15" and 16". It's this 16.5" thing that seems to be impossible. LMC Truck doesn't have them either. This really surprises me because there are so many 3/4 ton Chevys with 16.5" wheels, at least in this area. My truck has eight lug wheels. I really don't want to go to 16". It's a Cheyenne and I'm going through the whole thing. I have finished the paint after about a year of stripping it down to bare metal and fixing minor dents and dings. It has a small block 400 CID that will be going back into it soon and then the interior will be done. I saw one on the "net" with beauty rings and the wheels were were painted the same color as the truck. It's just the look I want.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

4. Melman

Melman Member

Rings

I didn't realize that they would be hard to find. That is a popular truck in this area also.
    The only other places I,ve used with luck are a website for used parts : junkyarddog.com You can get some request out thru them.
    I sometimes find stuff on craigslist.com
    Try those places, might get lucky there.
    Melman

5. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

I beleave that the 16.5 rims will fit the big three so. They all went in on them to keep cost down. Since they all did not make as meany as the other should sizes. Still should beable to get something for one of them or GM dealer or GM supplyer.

6. Alex Ayala

Alex Ayala Member

Try craigslist, I ve had a lot of luck finding parts for my truck on there. Good luck