body man in KC?

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by 72short4by, Sep 19, 2005.

1. 72short4by

72short4by Member

I am in the KC area and have had the hardest time finding a body man. All the resto shops are out of my price range and the body shops say "sorry we only do collision insurance work".
    I am looking for a body man who does some side jobs and can do a good job in a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable price. I am not being cheap, I want a good job and I will pay for it. I do not want to pay $8,000 for a spray booth paint job and that is not what I expect for a lower price.
    I have had several guys agree to take it on and then back out after having me wait 3-4 weeks for my turn. This is getting frustrating qucikly and I have wasted several months now.

The job is a 72 chevy shortbed. The bed, cab, cowl and hood have been media blasted and coated with epoxy primer. The cab is on a rolling dolly made from an old frame section. The cab needs some floor sections, rockers and cab corners on both sides. I have new doors and I will get new fenders and the hood needs minimal work. The bed is in good shape and needs minimal metal work on one small rust hole a the bottom front of one bedside. It will be painted solid blue inside and outside. I will be picky about how the dors line up with the rockers and cab corners so i hope for some experience here. I have new hinges and they fit pretty well now. I want to use K36 PPG hi-build primmer and PPG base/clear in blue.

anybody know of someone good looking for some work?

Jay

2. 72short4by

72short4by Member

3. 72short4by

72short4by Member

4. 72short4by

72short4by Member

5. 283 man

283 man Member

RE: RE%3A body man in KC%3F PIC2

Nice paint job,youll have a nice truck after its done.;-)

6. lowrollin70gmc

lowrollin70gmc Member

RE: body man in KC? PIC1

Looks good, you are correct that most body men don't do old cars. As a member of the body shop industry, it's because many customers demand too much for too little. You on the other hand got a freakin' nice truck after the bodywork, many kudos to the metal man and painter. I would've given you a name in KC, but I live in SD, too far north to know anyone there.

But honestly, nice truck and good luck rolling her down the highway.