Bolts

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by 1986_c10, Jan 11, 2011.

1. 1986_c10

1986_c10 Member

i lost my mounting bolts for the fender and radiator support.:mad: can anybody help me find some new hardware. thanks

2. Roadhazardguy

Roadhazardguy Member

I would go to a junkyard and pull them out of a truck.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Sheet Metal Bolts

I assume you're talking about the 3/8" USS coarse thread ones with the all important flanged heads ? I *think* the host here sells them , else just take them off a junker and clean up by switshing in some dilute Phosphoric Acid & water solution , they'll come out loking As-New , gotta de-greae 'em first of course .

Maybe Joe can sell you a package of them ? .

The flange head is really important as it prevents cracking of the sheet metal , unlike just adding reguklar flat washers .

4. 1986_c10

1986_c10 Member

thanks for the ideas ill see what my local junk yards have to offer. thanks again.

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Maybe

Asking the guys here who have parts trucks ? I usualy find lots of good stuff in other's junkpiles .

6. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

Junk yard would be good, but it you want new there a listening on e-bay for a front clip hardware kit 73-80 but they should fit 86 the only thing would be sae not mectric. The fender bolt will work the rad support not all the same some are the same. Oh any good auto store that can get body bolt or body shop supply parts should be able to help you for that.