BTT 50's

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by MN Jim, Jun 19, 2012.

1. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

Anybody out there going to attend the MSRA Back to the fifties this weekend?

2. Root2812

Root2812 Member

Is that this weekend already? Wow. I may have to make an appearance.

3. tims37

tims37 Member

Yep I go every year will be there with my 37 Chev

4. coilover

coilover Member

Has to be the very best facility for a large show of any in the world. Nephew is leaving wednesday so the shop is the "old guys" play pen till monday.

5. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

Tim, is that a 37 pick-up? Color what does it look like?

Evan, is he bring up one of your first class hot rods?

If I kinda know what they look like I would keep my eye's open for them but 11,000-12,000 hot rods down there it might be hard to find them. I'll be driving my 53 chevy pick-up. Its painted hot rod satin black with corvette rallys on it.

Jim

6. Root2812

Root2812 Member

I wish I could bring mine. Its definately not show worthy yet but it should have brakes that work again this week.

7. ccharr

ccharr Member

"Works in Progress", or drivable "Under Construction" rides are at all times always ready Show Worthy. What they do is inspire future builders and help those at the shows whom have projects in their garage unfinished, get the momentum back and complete the ride. Some of those works in progress get photo’d and put into the national magazines.

8. Root2812

Root2812 Member

Yeah, you're right.

Now that my brake parts are in I will finally have it on the road for the first time in about 30 years. It still sitting 3 hours north but I'll take it to shows soon. :)

Speaking of this show and swap meet...... I have a parts 1953 chevy 1/2 ton short box and its sitting at my dad's shop up by Grand Rapids. Apperently today a guy stopped in and asked about the truck and my dad sold him a door that I wasn't going to use. It was a quick $50 so I was happy. Anyway, he might want the frame to replace his rusted out one. Since thats the case I will be stripping the old gal down. If any of you MN/WI/ND/SD guys want anything let me know. It is a complete truck minus running boards and a door.

9. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

Ya Root,

You just need to drive it, take it to shows etc. Dont worry about it not being done. Ive been driving mine for about 6 years as a work in progress. Alot of guys do it that way. I really enjoy talking to them seeing what they have done, what their plans are. Anyway I figure I wont be done working on mine till I sell it!

Jim

10. coilover

coilover Member

Jim,
    I'm not for sure but he will probably take his 39 Ford Standard tudor. He keeps it at his place in Rosemount so if it's not all stove up from sitting for a year I'm sure it will be there. Will describe your 53 to him so he can keep an eye open. The 39 is a "smoothie" with everything shaved but the unique feature is the under dash a/c unit is mounted up in the dash itself. Done this around 1990 and liked so well that we have done many like it since. Since there are no ducts the air is instantly cold---a real plus in a Texas summer. Oh yeah, he's six foot four with a bright red Mohawk, long goatee, and covered with tattoos. People don't usually notice his car.

Attached Files:

11. tims37

tims37 Member

No my 37 chev is a 2 door sedan my 49 AD is not ready yet.