bucket seats

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by srvtexas, Dec 8, 2011.

1. srvtexas

srvtexas Member

I have a 2nd gen '55 and need to know what bucket seat fit best in our trucks. I've heard seats from an S10 or a ranger maybe? I'm thinking that finding a set in good shape would be cheaper than having to recover the ones that I currently have. Thanks for any help. Bob

2. FLORIDA APACHE

FLORIDA APACHE Member

Hi Bob. I have a '58 with bucket seats in it from a Dodge Dakota, even used the console that came with it. To see a picture, click on the photo tab above, go to 55-59, the yellow truck is mine. There is a view of the seats. Hope this helps you. Gerald

3. srvtexas

srvtexas Member

thanks Gerald. Love your truck brutha.

4. vhpeddler

vhpeddler Member

seats

I have a 1957 3200 and got a set of 2001 Buick Saber seats. Fit great, leather, 6 way elect and built in seat/shoulder belts and head rest. I love them , some prefer no head rests. Just my 2 cents.

5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

If you don't prefer head rests, as vhpeddler mentioned, you might want to consider new seats by Scat. I used their Pro Car Lowback Series, got them from Summit Racing. They are very good quality, came with the seat adjustment mechanisms, they recline and they have a storage compartment on the back.

On my '65 I fabricated seat brackets from 11 gauge 1-1/2 square and 1-1/2 x 1 rectangular tubing. Seats are mounted high enough that with the window rolled down you can rest your arm comfortably on the window. Might seem silly but little stuff like that drives me crazy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]