Buick V6 and transmission

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by 50Jimmy, Oct 28, 2009.

1. 50Jimmy

50Jimmy Member

I bought a 1980 buick/olds 3.8 v6 engine with a auto transmission for my project and then had second thoughts and would like to sell it. Its a 3.8 out of an olds mobile car, but is the same as a buick 231 even fire V6. It is complete from carb to pan and has been rebuilt at some point as the top of the pistons have .040 stamped in them as visible through the spark plug hole. The engine has a cool set of headers attached as well. I have heard this engine run briefly and it did not smoke and started easily. The transmission is of unknown heritage, however I beleive it to be a GM 200 and I was told by the previous owner it would run through the gears ok.

I am asking 250 for the combo, located near Topeka KS. Email me at smoore8088@aol.com if you are interested.

2. DarrellCox

DarrellCox Member

Hi bro! I just want to try my luck if this Buick parts engine still available? or do you have other Buick parts to offer? thanks!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  3. DavidBowen

DavidBowen Member

Hi there DarrellCox! I got here some spare and used Buick parts. I can offer this for you, let me know the parts you are needing.