burnout

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by 76454, Jul 30, 2003.

1. 76454

76454 Member

I was just wondering how you do a burnout with an automatic. I used to do the power brake move(stomp on brake and gas together), but it burned up the ring and pinion. Any suggestions?

2. Zeitgeist57

Zeitgeist57 Member

Ring and pinion? As in the differential in the rear? I wouldn't think that would be related to doing an auto-tranny burnout.

BTW...as far as I know you use the brakes to do a burnout...otherwise you could use a line lock on the front brake lines to hold them in place as you floor the gas :7

3. muddman15

muddman15 Member

In my 81' I can just stomp the gas and it'll burn 'em until i let off without any brakes

4. 84inArk

84inArk Guest

In my 84' I can just stomp the gas and it'll burn 'em until i let off without any brakes

Well 4 starters it helps w/ a more powerfull motor...........
    what do you have 305?

5. scotty101

scotty101 Member

correct me if i am wrong but i know one older cars the parking brake or the emergancy brake locked the front wheels i am not sure if the same is true in these trucks but you could just lock the front wheels with that

6. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

Well If you do not have big HP trying to do burn out with out the line loc. will be hard, in most cases if your brakes are ajusted to the best set up.

Attation: not the best way but will help, reajuust your rear brakes a little losser just to help put a little more breaking to the front. How ever you should be careful because this will make the front lock up sooner to the rear breakes in a pinic stop so you should know how it will feel be good at foot pressure & be able handle it. The safer way would be the line loc.

Or just take a pray bottle of water spray the rear tires a few times.:D

Oh and doing this on the street can get you a ticket.:(