cab panel

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by mitch84, Nov 18, 2008.

1. mitch84

mitch84 Member

i have a 84 c-1500 short bed truck and it has a dent on the front of the bed the part that attaches to cab, so basicley (cant spell for crap) it has a dent on both the bed and the cab.

so i was wondering if i should try to hammer it out or should i get panels if available.

2. mitch84

mitch84 Member

sorry about all the post fellas im just full of questions at the moment:eek:

3. gitrunindady

gitrunindady Member

if you have means to pull the bed off, then try your best to hammer them out. The less filler, the better. if not, then just become yet another body "sculpter", i.e.: BODY FILLER, and leave the body shop out of it.... being a redneck myself, if it looks good to me, i dont give a damn what I had to do...I'M DRIVIN IT, I AINT SELLIN IT!
    g.t.

4. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

(((((( front of the bed the part that attaches to cab )))))) I Dont get this part Mitch , It Attaches to the back of the cab ??? Or Are You saying Thed Bed front Panel is Pushed into the Back of the cab ?

If The front Bed Panel is Pushed Forward , Like Something heavy slid Forward in the bed .

You can Make a Bracket That slips over the top of the Bed front So You Can attach a GOOD comealong too, Drop Your Tailgate & Attach the Other End To a 4x4 post laying Across Fitting inside Where the Tailgate Does. You Can Allmost never gettem Perfect Though If There in Real bad . & It Will Tend to Spring back . So You Have to Pull It Further back Then Straight. If That Makes Sense .

Depending on How bad The Back of the cab is Bent in , You Might be able to get Most of it Pushed out from the inside , Just Beware if its Pushed in Enough to have a bow in the back glass , That Thing is Loaded & Under Preasure . It wont take Much for the Glass to Explode . You Might want to think about removing it Carefully first . Best of Luck, & Dont Forget to take Before & after Pics.

5. mitch84

mitch84 Member

yeah we just got the truck but the area below the back window is dented along with the front of the truck bed it is my guess that something rolled and hit the cab which dented and the dent dented the cab lol.

thnx for your help fellas:)