Can Anyone ID these Mystery Bumper Guards?

Discussion in 'Classic Parts of America Talk' started by bgbllbffr, Sep 13, 2011.

1. bgbllbffr

bgbllbffr Member

Found these bumper guards,wrapped & taped in my Dads garage. Iam sure they were headed for the swap meet along with various other misc. hot rod parts. Anyways Ive looked all over the net & havent been successful in identifying them. Ive found one on ebay & their calling it "Vintage mystery bumper guard with 3 stripes". The fact that Pops did have these things dipped & wrapped up,ready to sell tells me something,but Iam sure He knew exactly what they were for. If anyone could enlighten me,that be great. thanx.

Attached Files:

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Welcome to the forum!

Those bumper guards look very familiar, but I can't put my finger on them. My suggestion to you would be to go to the jalopy journal website and post the question to them. That website gets so much traffic that it boogles the mind. CAUTION! They are a very cliquish group, so follow protocal. Go to the website: www.jalopyjournal.com and register. Once you get that set up, introduce yourself. Then you are ready to go to the HAMB (Hokey Ass Messege Board) and post the question! I'm sure that you'll get a response, and very quickly!

Good luck,

Ken

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. bgbllbffr

bgbllbffr Member

thanx alot Ken, Ill give it a shot.