CENTER CONSOLE

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by FRED, Feb 18, 2003.

1. FRED

FRED Member

DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A CENTER CONSOLE FOR MY TRUCK LIKE THEY HAVE IN A LOT OF TRUCKS IN BOOKS LIKE CUSTOM CLASSIC TRUCK. I WOULD A WEB SITE OR PHONE # OR ANY HELP!
    THANKS FRED:)

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Hay Fred,

I think "most" of the consoles you will see, ( the nicer ones anyway ), were custom made. I've seen some taken from cars that were installed too. I also think Rod Doors makes a small console, meant for Street Rods, that could be adapted. I could't tell you if the last two would be the look you are going for though.

DValentine

3. will54

will54 Member

Fred,
    Here's a console I made out of particle board. It has spaces for my 10 inch sub-woofer, my stereo head unit, and my automatic shifter arm. It actually turned out pretty good.(you gotta be sitting inside the truck to really appreciate it) Covered it with cotton material, and it just sits on the floor board. Wasn't too hard to make, didn't cost too much, and it was even kinda fun to do. Well, anyway, there's one option for you. Good luck with your project.

Will, from Colorado. :)
    Attachments:
    https://talk.classicparts.com/images/attachments/3e55837a0b083bbc.jpg

4. cowboy

cowboy Member

hey thats a nice box. i got one question where/what did you get the seats out of.
    cowboy