Chevy parts

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by silverbullet, May 17, 2011.

1. silverbullet

silverbullet Member

I would like to introduce myself. I bought a 83 Chevy truck 4 wheel drive and I am looking to get some parts.

The first thing that I am looking for is the fuel selector valve, that changes between the two tanks.

I was going to order it from LMC but they wanted $20.00 for shipping, that is a little much for me "1/5 of the price" or am I just too cheap?

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Welcome

' Introduce ' ones self , means giving us your name or " handle ' .

There are a few different types of fuel changover switches used here .

As these super popular trucks were built from 1973 ~ 1987 they're still plentiful in the junkyards coast to coast if badly rusted out .

I'd do some local searching before paying over $25 for one...

" Cheap " is one thing , frugal is quite another , the wise , thoughtful & frugal trucker , always chooses GM trucks :rolleyes: .

FWIW , they folks here know much but tend to be fairly closed nmouthed , don't let that bother you , keep asking questions .

There's also a Classified forum here you can post a " Wanted " add in , be sure to give a bit more detail about the switch , dash or cab floor located , how many wires to the back of it etcetera so you'll get the right one .

I assume you know it's still available from your dealer or Delco via RockAuto.com ? .