Clutch won't engage

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by 51shoebox13, May 23, 2010.

1. 51shoebox13

51shoebox13 Member

hey there, I've been fighting with this 65 c10 I'm helping my buddy with. I'm at wits end... so heres the situation...

We bought the truck with no trans do to the previous owner pulling it before hand.

We went to the yard and pulled a T5 from a mid 80's S10. After not realizing the spline was different, I started reading what ever I could find on the conversion.

So after reading that somone else had used the clutch disc fo an '85 astro van, I ordered one via summit.

Now I have everything buttoned up and proper fluid level with dex 3. The manual linkage has been adjusted in and out, we havent had any results.

It has a brand new flywheel(11") new clutch disc(11") new pressure plate(11")and a new throw out bearing.

I trimmed the input shaft as well as the input bearing housing where the throwout bearing slides, as everyone suggested. everything appears to have enough clearance.

if anyone could help, it would be much appreciated...

thanks in advance