Cool Ol Truck for Sale on Jalopy Journal

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by destryrideagain, Nov 8, 2010.

1. destryrideagain

destryrideagain Member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Holy cow !

That , right there , is true Bow Tie madness ! .

I could fill pages with the details I see in those pictures .

The widget on the steering column with a dial and two knobs ? that's a remote radio control , the tube radio (valve for Neil) with vibrator , is in a tin box up under the dashboard .

I can afford this truck but have NO PLACE to store it ~ more's the pity as I'd prolly not restore it but rather clean , peak & tweak it and put it back on the road again as a camper . those 6 digit Ca. plates can be retained easily and for free to boot , I'd cheat & re-paint 'em black & yellow . this rig isn't registered as a truck , it's a _housecar_ & so carries passenger car plates with reduced fees and other interesting benifits like open container in the cab is O.K. as long as not with the driver....

Whew ! THANK YOU for posting this , I'm a HAMB member but being a real old guy who knows about old cars instead of a poseur jerkoff , they don't like me much .

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Central Dash Thing

Oh , yeah ~ this truck is equipped with vacuum assisted brakes and that's the combination safety valve and low vacuum warning device .

Super rare - someone LOVED this truck and obviously lavished love and $$ on it in spades .

4. destryrideagain

destryrideagain Member

Nate Thanks for the little tidbits, I would love to see you buy it! I hope it gets into the right hands, you know. Its so cool.

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Yeah well ;

You know it'd be " wasted " on an old geezer like me ~ I'd fix it up and then want to DRIVE the darned thing all over America with SWMBO keeping the seat (and me) warm....

Seriously : how stupid can I get ? ANYONE knows old vehicles can't be driven :rolleyes: .

Just ask the rich guys who have me work on thier rigs , _after_ they ask me to park my old shop truck around the back....

6. destryrideagain

destryrideagain Member

Nate I hope you are being sarcastic! Youd be traveling in style with guts!

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

NO ' Guts ' Necessary !

It's a CHEVROLET might I remind you ~ I've been wheezing and rattling my happy way across America in GM's best designed InLine 6 Bangers sibnce I were but a laddie , they'll always get you there and home again in style and comfort if not overly quickly .

There's good reason that Chevrolet is America's most popular truck .

8. destryrideagain

destryrideagain Member

haha the reason I say Guts might be coming from my youngness. Im only 23. I tried to drive my 50 chevy to Colorado from Kansas City because I was working there at the time. My 235 went out halfway through Kansas! only because I had been told it was fully rebuilt when I had bought the truck. I met a really nice farmer nearby where I got stranded and he said I could store it in his carport till someone could come pick it up. I will definately visit him again.

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

235 Blew

Well ;

Part and parcel of being a geezer who grew up on the farm with dilapidated vehicles was : either you learned how to ' read ' them or , you walked and used horse drawn field equipments because there wasn't any $ for spare parts....

I've traveled far & wide in rigs I was told " oh that ~ it doesn't run , period " I paid my $35.00 and got busy , made it run and eased it over the Continental divide and on home .

For me , that's what it's all about .

235's are good engines but even when new (and God alone knows what fool touched yours) they didn't like high RPM's ~ back in the day I'd caution every new owner and about 1/2 of them came back and said " you're CRAZY ! this thing goes 75 MPH , easy ! only 1/2 throttle " .

Then of course , a month later it was either rebuild time or I'd get an earful of how terrible old Chevies are......

I have no problem driving anywhere @ 45 MPH if my alternative is walking :p .

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Obtw :

NEVER make apologies because you're young ! we all were once and how did we learn ? by experience of course....

" good judgement comes from experience , experience comes from excersizing poor judgement "