Crickets

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Chiro, Jul 29, 2024.

1. Chiro

Chiro Member

Bueller?...Bueller?
    Is this thing even on???
    No posts since July 2???

This forum used to be HOPPING. Where is everybody?
    Andy

2. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Hello Andy,
    While I had (still have) the best of intentions to drag Penny out of her slumber in the shipping container, and make some REAL progress... I must admit the toolbelt has been very difficult to unbuckle and put down.

>sigh<

3. e015475

e015475 Member

While the AD trucks still have broad appeal, the boomers that are at the core of the enthusiast base are dwindling away.

At the same time, the popularity of 'forum' boards like this one are at best static, and most are shrinking. I subscribe to a few 'groups' on Facebook and they consist largely of inane questions, preening and bogus part scammers. Its hard to take.

My truck came back from the AC install and upholstery in June. I've not posted an update since last year about this time.

It is pretty much done, but I still have a list as long as your arm of things I want to modify/improve

I had an Old Air AC unit installed with the radio grill converted to a center vent. The blower switch sticks out of the center vent, but still trying to figure out how to make the heater valve control and the defroster control as inconspicuous as possible. My wife picked out some nice leather for the seats, kick/door panels and headliner.

I had the AC and heater lines run inside the fender liner

The upholsterer made a cover for all the AC/heater lines coming into the cab

Had carpet installed too. Made some floormats from coconut door mats I bought at Home Depot

I used some later model arm rests on the door cards.

Little detail on the steering column where the upholsterer made a boot for me

4. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

"but still trying to figure out how to make the heater valve control and the defroster control as inconspicuous as possible."

I doubt that you are using the stock choke or throttle cables. Can you use those holes for the heater and defroster controls?

5. booger

booger Member

6. booger

booger Member

Oops !! Love seeing you truck work. It’s beautiful. And I feel the same about not seeing the number of activity on here compared to what it used to be

7. Crummy0911

Crummy0911 Member

The truck looks amazing. I am
    Considering doing a full jag suspension swap on my 53 Chevy 5 window. Just wondering on how difficult it was and Did you find someone that makes a kit or did you make all the brackets? Thanks

8. e015475

e015475 Member

I made all the brackets and it uses the rubber mounts from the Jag. Much easier if you weld it in.

The Ford pickup folks use the Jag suspension quite a bit, but not so much the Chevy crowd and there isn't much out there for instructions

If you are going to use the same width/offset wheels as the Jag uses, it isn't too difficult. The Boss 338 wheels on my truck required that I machine the front wheels to get to the Jag's offset of 33MM IIRC. The rear wheels are 10" wide and to get them to fit I narrowed the IRS about 2.5" and mini-tubed the bed. But if you find a wheel with the Jag's offset and keep it 7-8" wide all around, fitting the suspension to an AD truck is pretty straightforward

9. e015475

e015475 Member

[​IMG]
    Covered the seat apron with some extra leather to match the seat

52wasp likes this.
  10. Chiro

Chiro Member

Wow! Truck looks great. Awesome interior work.
    Andy