D Valintine

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by 66 KUSTOM, Jan 3, 2007.

1. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

HEY MR. WILSON, ITS ME, THE MENACE :rolleyes: HEY, BACK AWHILE AGO WE WERE TALKING ABOUT EBRAKE CABLES AND THE PROBLEMS WITH THE AUTO CROSSMEMBERS. YOU WERE SAYING THAT YOU SAW A GUY TAKE SOMETHING OFF THE MANUAL CROSSMEMBER AND WELDED IT ON THE AUTO CROSSMEMBER. I PULLED OUT MY OLD MANUAL CROSSMEMBER AND IM NOT SEEING WHAT I NEED TO PULL OFF OF IT AND ADAPT IT TO MY AUTO CROSSMEMBER. COULD YOU ELABERATE ON WHAT I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR?
    I THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Jeeze !! It's that darn brat from next door !!! ;)

As best as I can, the e-brake brace, ( aka crossmember ), that is rivited to the frame rails has a square kick-up that holds the fulcrum piviot. THAT is the piece that is removed, ( small cut-off wheel / hack saw / whatever..), and welded to the bottom of the new automatic trans crossmember. So it's converted from a kick-up to a kick down.
    The old e-brake cable from the handle is attached to that but the rear cables will need to be adjusted.
    It's the most cost effective solution I've seen when doing a manual to auto trans conversion for our trucks because it uses the parts you already have !

Val

( Now Get Off My Lawn Kid !! )

3. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

Haha, Thats Too Good.

Ill Have To Get A Pic Of My Ebrake Crossmember And Send It To You, Im Thinking My Old Crossmember Either Doesnt Have It, Or, Its Missing Cause I Didnt See Anything That Kicks Up. Thanks For Your Help And Ill Get Back To You With A Pic.

Ill Get Off Your Lawn Now. :D

4. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

I'll be here !!

;)

DV