De Lost Boys

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by morabuffalo, Jul 25, 2014.

1. morabuffalo

morabuffalo Member

I have seen a couple of recent threads about guys who get tired and start to give up, but thanks to lots of you they stay with it. I too have added my two bits on some of those. Just had to put this in...It is coming out on the latest cats of speedway...Tributes to the founder...Speedy Bill Smith. I do not know if it is a quote or para or if the PR department just thought it neat, but....Here it is...

The smart guy will outsmart himself. The Lucky guy will run out of luck. The money guy will never (really) have the (true) desire. But (a hard working guy) hard work will take you anywhere (that) you (may) want to go!

I know that we have all sorts of guys here and at times I may think I am in several different categorys...well, no...I just work tooooooo hard. Oh, the () are my additions.

Bottom line....HARD WORK! Is it not a great life we have!

rod

2. Zig

Zig Member

Absolutely! The feeling of pride that comes with all that hard work is worth it all. That, and the memories. Some memories give me chills~ Like all that stripping every last piece of metal (so far) down to shiny new metal.
    I hate to say it, but I have not done diddly on my truck all summer. Guess what? I'm not at all worried about it either! ;)

3. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Of COURSE you aren't worried Zig! When I finish first, I'll have to come to YOUR house to get you motivated. What's on the menu?

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Hard Works

I read your comment and immediately thought about the weird little car I have scattered all over my back yard and driveway....

Yes , life is very good indeed .