Deluxe trim clips

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by coilover, May 26, 2016.

1. coilover

coilover Member

Anyone come up with some good clips to hold the door and rear window surround stainless on tight. The clips that come with the new stainless are worthless; they let the trim just rattle around. Usually use studs and nuts but the double wall on the top and back negates this. Hate to use an adhesive or double sticky tape as it looks crappy and will eventually fail. Thank you;
    Evan

2. AZ58Cameo

AZ58Cameo Member

Evan, Space Age Paints in Mesa Az might have what you are looking for, www.spaceagepaint.com
    480-835-0971 i have been to their store and they have one side of the store pretty much dedicated to auto fasteners
    you might give them a try, FWIW,
    Allen

3. coilover

coilover Member

Thank you; will check them out.
    Evan

4. Ben@CPOA/TECH

Ben@CPOA/TECH Member

I'm not sure if you ordered your trim from Classic Parts of America. But if you did, we are aware the clips that come with our trim kits aren't very high quality. That's why we initially started offering the clip sets separate. The clip sets we offer for the trim are a much better quality than the ones included in the trim kit. IF you did order from us, give us a call into the tech line and talk to myself or Adam, we will try to help you out.

5. coilover

coilover Member

Customer called, since he ordered trim, and got the better ones sent promptly. MUCH better with only one glitch; had to use a thin shim between clip and underside of trim to make the clip go in far enough to latch
    ---no biggy. We use a block of cedar or redwood with the exact same contour as the trim to push into place without the clip denting the the stainless from the underside.

Ben@CPOA/TECH likes this.